Carl is a senior lawyer within our litigation and insolvency team. He has over 15 years’ experience across multiple Australian jurisdictions in the commercial litigation, construction, distressed debt, restructuring and insolvency space.
Carl has acted for Australia’s leading insolvency practitioners, corporations and directors across a wide spectrum of insolvency and reconstruction matters.
Notable matters include advising:
- A national supermarket franchisor in a successful appeal before the full Federal Court: SPAR Licensing Pty Ltd v MIS QLD Pty Ltd  FCAFC 50;
- Liquidators in one of only two published decisions regarding default judgment for voidable transactions: Project Noah Holdings Pty Ltd (in liq) v Jacka  FCA 778;
- A construction company in the successful reduction (and eventual disposition) of a freezing order: Vartzokas Architects Pty Ltd v Nazero Group SA Pty Ltd and Anor (No.3)  FCCA 2280;
- A contracting company in the successful negotiation with the Commonwealth Department of Defence on a significant contractual dispute worth in excess of $10 million;
- Property developers in the successful defence of a claim in excess of $20 million brought by a purported partner in a significant development in south-west Sydney: Comlin Holdings Pty Ltd v Metlej Developments Pty Ltd  NSWSC 761; and
- Receiver and managers in the successful defence of an application to have them removed brought by the director of the company.